I've finally decided to jump on the blog bandwagon and make one of my own. I found it very hard to come up with a good name for my blog. Did any of you have the same trouble? I wanted something original, witty, intelligent...what I came up with was "The Memoirs of Sassafrass." Well...I get points for being original.
I've never been much for nicknames and Sassafrass is the only nickname I've ever had and only one person called me by this nickname. Josh Rael and I went through middle and high school together. We sang in the same choir. One year, we sang a song (I can't even remember the title), and some of the lyrics went like this:
"Scrub oak grows and sassafrass, along the shady stones you pass..."
That's all I can remember of the song but that's where I got my one and only nickname that only one person was ever allowed to call me. I'm 23 now and Josh still calls me Sassafrass to this day. Interesting story? Probably not, but I wanted you to know that the name of my blog isn't totally random.
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment