CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 06, 2006

Humble Pie for Miss Stephens

So Adam, my sweet boyfriend, and I were running late Sunday morning (actually Adam was running late but don't tell him I said that) and we missed class. Well, we actually walked into worship late as well. OOPS! (sorry Mom and Dad! I promise it's not a habit of ours to be late) Well when we came in, we just sat at the first open seat we found which just so happened to be next to four of my CHS high schoolers. One of my choir kids, looks at me like I'm the biggest dissappointment ever and looks at his watch as we take our seats. We go on with church when I hear my name "Miss Stephens" whispered and it's Jono (not his real name of course) and he hands me a pink encouragement card, you know the kind that you write notes to people on and then turn in and they get delivered to said person. Well here's what it says,


"Ms. Stephens, I would like to encourage you to come to Bible class next week and to be on time to worship. I'm sure there are a lot of people who missed you in Bible class. I hope you have a great week. I'll see you tomorrow, I can't wait til choir. P.S. Hi Adam"
That's right, I got called out on the carpet by one of my high school boys! It was so funny! You can bet I'll never be late to church again...and I definitely won't be sitting by Jono anytime soon!

4 comments:

April said...

HA! Oh No! I'm never going to be late again!

Jessica L. Johnson said...

To be honest, the fact that people are comenting so much about it shows that it was not in your character. You have always been a great example to me! Love you sis!

Monica B. said...

If it makes you feel better, I'm the youth minister's wife and 90% of the time I'm late to class on Sunday mornings. . . I'm working on it :)

April said...

April Stephens... I never thought I would live to see the day... :) J/K Love ya girl!