CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

First Week Back and "Trashin' The Camp"

I survived the first week of my second year of PhD studies. I have to say it feels like I never left! This semester will be rough as I'm taking two courses completely outside of my realm of knowledge...Survey of Directing and Studies in Latin American Music. Both should be great opportunities to learn and grow.

On another note, I found out that my financial aid was reduced at the last minute by several thousand dollars. You can imagine the extra strain and stress this puts on my shoulders as my finances will be VERY tight this year, and that's putting it lightly. Please pray that all will work out and God will provide as He has always done in the past.

All the grown-up talk aside, I would like to share a story. Do you remember the days when you would hear a song and just dance like no one was watching? I used to do this at my Grandma's house. She had this big stereo that played records. I remember putting on those records and just singing and dancing and spinning til I just couldn't take anymore. I feel that adults should not lose this luxury. Yesterday in the Elementary Music Methods course I'm interning in, I heard this song, you may recognize it from Disney's "Tarzan":



Today, I had it stuck in my head and just had to download it. Then something great happened...a smile on my face began to grow, and grow...next thing I know I'm snapping...standing up, step-touch step-touch and before I knew it I was jumping, twirling, clapping and dancing like I used to as a child! It was one of the most rejuvenating experiences of my week. I must admit, I did it several times!

So I invite you adults and kiddos alike, click play, stand up and just let go!! It's moments like this I remember why I do what I do.

Have a blessed week, dear friends!

3 comments:

Tamra said...

You're hilarious! This weekend at Family Retreat, we were treated to three little 3-year-old girls who did "interpretive dancing" to the band's numbers. Totally made my weekend!

Will be praying about the $ situation. That stinks...

Carol said...

Ava just started watching Tarzan this past week, and now loves all the songs! When the camp song comes on, she too starts smiling and laughing at all the crazy animals..what a funny coincidence you found the same inspiration!!

April said...

Hey April, I'm sorry finances are tight for you this year. I will pray that God will provide for you. Good for you for letting loose and enjoying yourself! :)