CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Gentlemen Only Ladies Fordbidden

That's what Adam says the word "golf" stands for. I'm not sure I believe it but I do know Adam is an avid golfer. So let me tell you what liking Adam has gotten me into this time...

Last week the gym teacher comes to me and asks when Lori, a fellow teacher is coming back from maternity leave because she volunteered (pre-baby news) to help coach the CHS golf team. My ear immediately perk up at the word "golf" because Adam has been talking about us playing for some time now. When I tell her that Lori will not be back in time to coach golf, she immediately asks me if I'm interested in coaching the sport of which I know nothing about (I took lessons when I was little but all I remember is drinking Orange Crush on our break!) Two thoughts immediately come to my mind. 1) Do I get to miss school (yes, teachers try to get out of teaching without having to take a sick day every once in awhile)? and 2) Adam would be so impressed if I learned the rules of golf all on my own! So it turns out that I do get to miss school and it is after all my programs for the year are completed AND Adam can help coach! I'm thinking what a fun thing for us to do together. It's just not enough that I teach 8 different classes a day and put on six different programs throughout the year...no no no, the thought of being done with my programs was not enough, I needed an extra committment. So as of yesterday, I am the proud new owner of my own set of ladies golf clubs. We have our first official practice today and I am moving full force into the sport of golf! WHAT AM I THINKING?? I really can't say no to ANYTHING! HA

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't say NO to anything! That's the very first thing I said to dad when he told me about this hairbrain scheme of yours. I love you anyway! Mom

Anonymous said...

Can I watch?

Amanda said...

HAHA - you definitely have to let me how this works out...i could totally see you as some golf pro...ok maybe not a pro but close. really.

Emily said...

April, sounds like fun! I have ventured out with Curtis a few times, but it never turns out like I would like. Golf is hard. I hope you have better luck than I do! Good luck!

Monica B. said...

yeah for you!! Link and I are going to Ruidoso this weekend and staying at a cabin on the golf course. He wants to play so I offered to drive the cart because well, I stink at actually making contact with the ball. Maybe you'll get good and you can teach me!

April said...

I really want to see this!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»