CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 02, 2007

Shuttle Bus RANT!

So today I'm in line to get on the bus. It's 1 p.m. and very obvious the bus is going to be completely full. This guy cuts in line to make sure he gets a seat! A GUY!! Okay, so I get on the bus and much to my dismay all the seats are taken. Not one boy is standing up...all girls while boys just sit there and not one offers to give away their seat to any of the at least 20 girls forced to stand. This incident is what inspires me to blog today...I will let you in on my thoughts about this situation by writing a letter addressed to all boys who've ever sat while a girl was forced to stand next to them on a bus...enjoy!

Dear Texas State Boys Who Don't Give Up Their Seats for Women,

I call you boys because you obviously have not yet earned the title of Man. A true man opens the door or at least holds it for the women walking behind him, and a real man offers his seat to a woman on a full bus.
Now I know we live in an "all people are equal" blah blah blah society, but these things are just common courtesy! If the woman feels you offering your seat demeans her position as a woman, she should politely decline your offer...BUT YOU HAVE TO OFFER! I ride the bus at least six times a week and I have never seena guy give up their seat for a girl at Texas State...pitiful!
Give me a break, I'm 5'2" and you are going to force a cute little girl like me to stand with my arm stretched to its capacity just to hold the bar to keep from falling just so that you can have a seat for your lazy butt...how do any of you have girlfriends?? Seriously.
Now I know we live in UT territory so this might hurt some of you a little but I was at A and M a few months ago and had to ride a shuttle bus to a football game. Not only did every girl stuck standing get offered a seat but the men (yes they were acting like true men) purposely sat on the end JUST IN CASE they needed to give away their seat. Ya'll got shown up by a bunch of Aggies!
Now I must address the two big guys crunched in a seat together. Come on, you barely fit in those seats and were forced to be closer than any two guys generally like to be yet you would rather stay in the awkward "guy sitting too close to guy" situation than give up your seat to a girl? I'm shocked. And you...guy who rushed in front of everyone to make sure you got a seat...I hope someone stuck standing "accidentally" let their backpack slip and hit you square in the face because you definitely deserved it.
I could go on but I think you get the point so I will close with this. Boys...girls will be so much more impressed and more likely to give you the time of day if you would just say these five little words, "Here, please take my seat." No matter what women say, most of them take seriously those little common courtesies and really take note when they see a guy displaying true gentleman like qualities. So give it a try...maybe you can finally get a date!

Sincerely,

April

2 comments:

Amanda said...

haha
great!
you're such an optimist!

April said...

You should try to publish that in the school paper or something. :)