
On Thursday of last week, Texas State had a memorial service for the people who lost their lives at Virginia Tech. It was outside in the Quad (the center of campus) and it was filled with students. It was a really touching service and I was very happy to hear a local preacher give a short talk about turning to God. After we the playing of Taps, and a verse of everyone singing "Amazing Grace," Texas State rang their bell one time for each victim.


Something happened that really touched me that probably no one else saw. While the bells were ringing, I surveyed the audience of students and there was a guy wiping a tear from his eye. This guy did not look like the type to easily shed a tear. And the tenderness of his heart at the moment, touched me in a way I can't explain. I am proud to be part of a community that cares and mourns for their fellow students and faculty in Virginia.

2 comments:
May God provide strength and comfort to all those involved...
This is great info to know.
Post a Comment