CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 18, 2007

My Vacation...

I had a great time this past week visiting friends and family. Here's a quick rundown of my trip...I left on a Friday and drove to Ft. Worth to stay the night with my old college roommate Amy Bartee, along with her husband and precious little boy Caleb. We had a great time catching up!



On Saturday I headed to Stillwater, OK to see my best buddy Amanda and her husband. We watched movies and hung out, went to church on Sunday and had a fabulous time!





This is what Amanda look like when we hang out...nothing but smart deep conversation!


On Sunday, I headed to Mom and Dad's for a couple days before heading to Colorado! On Tuesday, I went to La Junta to visit my grandparents. We visited for what was not long enough and had to head in to Pueblo for what became a really special night. My high school choir director is retiring this year and a lot of his old students showed up and surprised him with a big reception. There was a mishap with my camera batteries (don't ask) so I don't have any pictures of Mr. Genova and I or of the reception. I'm still quite mad about it! Anyhow, it was awesome to see everyone after so many years!



I spent Wednesday in Denver with my pal Josh Rael. We've known each other since 7th grade and we still love to keep in touch! It was unfortunate that I got a really bad migraine and spent a lot of the afternoon sleeping in his apartment while he did work. But we spent the morning downtown and he gave me a private tour of the capital building and we also climbed up into the dome! It was pretty fun!


Thursday, Tim Volk (my best friend since 5th grade) and Brenda Blagg went to San Isabelle to visit some of my favorite childhood spots. This is at the sight of my Grandpa's land where I spent much of my childhood and even lived for awhile!



Tim and I found some snow to play in! It's been years since I lived by snow so we made the most of it!



After a great day in the mountains, we headed back to Pueblo and visited my old jazz choir/voice teacher Mrs. K. We caught up pretty quick before having to part ways.



Thursday night I headed back to La Junta to visit Grandpa and Freida one more time before heading back to Mom and Dad's. I spent Friday with my family and we celebrated my birthday. It was a great trip! I'm still at my parents but will head back to SA in the morning!



This fox walked right up to us in San Isabelle. I wanted to pet him but then I remembered HE'S A FOX! But isn't he beautiful?!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

i'm glad you had so much fun!!! it was good to see you!

April said...

Oh my goodness... I can't believe Caleb is so big!! I hope that I can visit Amy and Jonny this summer on our trip to the States. We will be driving through Texas... possibly to Dallas so we will see. I haven't talked to her about it yet. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

April, I want you to know that the only two people in that entire article not mentioned by name are me and the fox! What's up with that? I expect a full apology and a future full length blog article based entirely on me.

...and maybe the fox, too.