CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Music Teacher Is In...

So today is the first day of school. While coming back to teach part-time has turned into more than I anticipated, I am still glad to be back with all my old kids. So here's a quick story to start out the year...
We are sitting in Adv. Band listening to some movie theme songs which we plan to play this year, when "Somewhere Out There" from An American Tail comes on and I say, "oh this was popular when I was a kid, I loved this movie!" to which one of my students replies, "Man, I be the guy who was the voice is dead now then." and I say, "how old do you think I am?" to which he replies, "I don't know...50....40?"

WHAT?!?!?!

It's good to be back...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one am glad you are back teaching; I can now read these hilarious stories of yours!

Anonymous said...

Uh...Peabo Brison is dead, I think.

April said...

Oh my goodness! I had a campaigner tell me this summer that the OC homecoming t-shirt I was wearing from 2003 was "really old". What's up with that?!