Tuesday, December 16: Left Tucson and headed to Karessa Parish's house in Earth, TX. She was my roommate in San Antonio. She married Trent this summer and moved to Earth, where she teaches and he farms. It was wonderful to hang out with her again. Both of us share similar struggles in that we haven't met many friends in our new locations.
Saturday, December 20: I headed to my parents in Guymon, OK and we watched the U of A win the Las Vegas bowl! It was a fun evening.
Sunday, Dec. 21: We drove to Shawnee, OK to spend a few days with my sister and her family. We had Christmas and played wii with the kiddos.
Wednesday, Dec. 24: Drove back to Guymon. Jessica's sis-in-law was having a baby in Houston so they traveled south for that. I spent the next few days relaxing and watching movies with my sister Stacey and my parents.
Monday, Dec. 28: I left Guymon to go back to Karessa's for a few more days. We did some shopping in Lubbock, saw a movie, and, of course, watched tv all day in our pjs!
Friday, Jan. 2: Headed to Oklahoma City to spend the night with Josh and Amanda. Amanda and I have been friends since our freshman year at OC and we talk on a daily basis. She never ceases to be a source of comfort, compassion, encouragement, and an never-ending supply of laughs. My time spent with her is always so cherished.
Saturday, Jan. 3: I went back to Shawnee for a couple more nights with my sister and her family.
Monday, January 5: Jessica and I picked up Amanda for some much needed girl bonding time. The three of us went out to brunch, got our nails done, and went to see Twilight! We've all seen it but we all really wanted to see it together. It was so much fun to spoil ourselves a little bit! I stayed the rest of the week in Oklahoma City with Amanda.
While at Amanda's, I enjoyed time with many of my favorite OC people. Monday night, we had Matt Boydstun over for dinner and games. Karessa would be happy to know I taught them "golf" and won!
Tuesday night I had dinner with my OC voice teacher, Laura Coale. We talked at the restaurant for 2 hours! I wish it could have been longer! Taking voice lessons is a vulnerable thing and the relationship one makes with their teacher is usually very strong. I was lucky to have her guidance throughout my college years!
Wednesday, I went to Clyde and Gwen Antwine's house. This is the couple who took me on two summer campaigns to East Germany during college. I owe much of my spiritual development during my years at OC to this wonderful couple. It's amazing to me how encouraged and rejuvinated I feel every time I visit. I used to go to their house each week in college to have special time of prayer with Gwen and my roommates.
They are just as silly as ever!
Thursday, Jan. 8: After one last dinner with my sister, Josh and Amanda and I rented Mamma Mia before I started my two day trip back to Tucson. What a wonderful blessing this trip has been. Thomas was a trooper (he's been sleeping non-stop since we got back home!).
Casen, Josh and Amanda's son, is getting sweeter and cuter by the day! We had a lot of fun together.
So after 24 days, and almost 3000 miles later. I feel God has really blessed me and rejuvinated me for my life here in Tucson. It's a new year, a new semester, and I'm going to be just fine.

2 comments:
Wow. What a trip...24 days!?! Amazing. I am so glad that you were able to be refreshed and spend so much time with people you love. :-)
i like the intenerary. sooo glad you came for a visit!
Post a Comment