CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Birthday Reminiscences

Yesterday I turned 28. YIKES! It's fun to think about where I've been and where I'm (hopefully) going.

Age 5 (or younger): My birthday dinner of choice...corn on the cob. It was my favorite food! I'm actually still a huge fan.

Elementary school: Birthday parties usually consisted of the slip n' slide because Colorado was just starting to warm up enough to use it!

7th grade - Backyard surprise party. I don't remember much about it but I know Josh Rael was there. I had the biggest crush on him and he gave me a little stuffed dog with a little angel pin. I still have them both. Josh is still one of my greatest friends I've ever had.

High school: Birthdays usually consisted of summer musical rehearsals or auditions. They are all a blur. I do know that I LOVED my high school summers!

College: Some of my most fun birthdays happened during our mission trips to Germany. Birthdays are a big deal to Germans and I was always showered with small gifts from the church, a fun German dessert, and I always got to choose a hymn to sing in church services!

San Antonio Birthdays: SO FUN! Enjoying downtown San Antonio all dressed up with wonderful girls like Lacy and Karessa cannot be beat. For my 25th birthday, i enjoyed an entire weekend of fun including one of the best experiences of my life...Beethoven's Ninth Symphony at the San Antonio Symphony. It was amazing and I cried.

Tucson Birthday: This year is my first birthday in Tucson. I was working so not much fun happened. Though I am so thankful to be working. Austin sent me some beautiful flowers, a teddy bear, balloons, and a huge dark chocolate candy bar. He's taking me out on Saturday for an official celebration. The day before my birthday, Amanda's parents were in town and took me out to dinner. They are so wonderful!



It's nice to look back and think about my birthdays because it makes me realize just how much I truly am loved by my friends and family. I'm so thankful for taking every path which has led me here because, although I sometimes question being here, I know God has a plan and has brought me to Tucson for a reason. Here's to another busy, stress-filled, hectic, wonderful year full of surprises and blessings!

Jeremiah 29:11 'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.'

1 comment:

Amanda said...

nice entry