CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Of Course, I know that Song!

In the midst of the two most stressful weeks of the semester, I just had to share a funny story. My students are taking their guitar tests this week. They get to choose any song to play. A student comes in and the rest goes something like this:

AS: What are you going to play today?
Student: "Silent Night"
AS: Sounds good!
(Student begins to play and sing in two completely different keys, I stop student)
Student: Is this guitar tuned right?
AS: Yes it is, I think you started a little high, let's get your starting pitch.
Student: Don't make me sing any higher!!
AS: (thinking...what? Did you just hear what I said?)
(AS gives the starting pitch).
AS: Would you like me to sing for you while you play?
Student: No I got it. (Student begins to play and sings in the same wrong key as before)
AS: (Stops student). Why don't I just sing the song and you can accompany me?
Student: Do you even know this song?
AS: (blank stare)

I should mention that I sang all five verses of this song on Monday in class while the students played the guitar chords! Ha! Silly undergrads!

3 comments:

Jill said...

that is hilarious. i got to sing a solo verse of that song in fifth grade. my cheeks still get red just thinking about it.

Amanda said...

since you know 5 verses of silent night, you must be a music major or something

April said...

Ha! Did you finally get to sing it for him in the right key?