I cannot tell you how many times I've heard that phrase come out of my students' mouth. Today was one of the classic cases. I was in the middle of teaching first grade when a girl raises her hand and says "Miss Stephens, Sarah just stuck her tongue out at me!" Sarah immediately replies, "No I didn't!" (and just so you know, Sarah only has two volumes - yelling and really yelling) I say, "Sarah did you stick your tongue out at Alexis?" This goes on for about 30 seconds and Sarah continues to deny she did it even after about five eyewitnesses state they did indeed see her stick out her tongue. Finally, I said "Sarah are you telling me the truth?" And she says, "Miss Stephens I truly believe that I didn't stick my tongue out to Alexis!" Well as long as she TRULY believes it!
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment