3 years ago
Friday, February 25, 2005
Where Seldom is Heard, an Encouraging Word
So I have this awesome first grader, let's call him Sam. Sam is a smart kid. He's one of the most interesting 1st graders I know. He always has some deep insight to share. Well, earlier this week, this man did a special presentation in chapel. He's a motivational speaker/yo-yo expert. One of his big messages was that we need to encourage others. Well, yesterday I had two 1st grade classes in my room at the same time. It was pretty crowded and we had just enough chairs. Sam was sitting down next to Jack. All of the sudden, Sam stands up, puts his music down and walks to the front of the room and sits on the floor. So I say, "Sam are you okay?" And he says, "NED (that's the yo-yo guy) said we need to encourage each other and Jack did not give me any encouraging words." I look over and Jack is totally off in space not knowing at all that Sam is upset with him. So I say, "well did he say something mean?" Sam says, "No." Poor Jack had no clue, all he was doing was sitting quietly like he was supposed to! So Sam sat on the floor the rest of the class. He wasn't mad, he just thought that Jack needed to speak some encouraging words. Ha! I thought that was pretty cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment