3 years ago
Saturday, June 04, 2005
A Birthday Party for Miss Stephens
So my birthday was June 3. This was the last day of our Colorado trip. I was not all that excited about spending my 24th birthday with a bunch of high schoolers but I also knew it wasn't the worst thing that could happen on my birthday so I didn't worry too much about it. Well, we were waiting for the bus to arrive at 1 p.m....and we waited...and waited. Turns out our bus driver was completely incompotent. She was having bus trouble and needed a funnel to put more collant in. Rather than going to the local grocery store, she drove 40 minutes past our campsite to buy a funnel! Well, she can't drive in a straight line, so she got lost coming back. To make a long story short...we left 6 hours late! Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. Not only were we running way late but I had to cancel dinner plans with a good friend from high school I haven't seen in two years. When I finally walked onto the bus, I found that the students had hung a "Happy Birthday" banner with balloons above my seat. They were all so sweet and apologized that my birthday was a total bust. What they don't know is that they made the whole day worthwhile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment