CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Favorite Quotes from Colorado Trip

Here are some of my favorite high schooler quotes from the recent trip to Colorado:

On the way, a teacher and I were listening to what we thought was a novel but turned out to be a documentary type book about Mormonism. When I got on the bus we were telling the kids that we now knew more about Mormonism than we ever needed to know. One girl says, "good thing we're going to Colorado then!" Last time I checked, there weren't a lot of Mormons in Colorado. Ha!

We are driving out of Raton, NM and are about to enter Colorado. I see the sign that says "leaving New Mexico" sign and I say, "we're leaving New Mexico!" And one of my girls gets real excited and says, "YES, we're in...Colorado??" Good job! Where else would we be?

So we're rafting down the Arkansas River and we see a deer standing by the river. I point it out and one of my girls says, "look at that! Is it real?" No...people put fake deer on the side of the river because we don't have real deer in Colorado!

No comments: