
I have to start this blog by saying that I am terrified of water. I've never liked it and I will avoid splashing water at all costs. This week I took 18 high schoolers to Colorado. We rafted 30 miles in two days! The first day I rode on an oar boat (this is where the guide does most the work and you are basically along for the ride). The second day I was on a paddle boat (where the entire raft is responsible for making it through the rapids). It was the most terrifying, amazing experience ever! I've never felt such a rush from something before! I loved it! I think I overcame my fear of water this week! There are six classes of rapids, Class 6 is pretty much suicide and Class 1 is still water. I went on several Class 4 rapids and it was amazing! Right before a big one, I saw two people get thrown out of their rafts and two kayakers get thrown all over the place! Next thing I hear is my guide saying, "alright it's our turn. Hold on!" We made it!

No comments:
Post a Comment