CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Random Act of Kindness

So I don't have any furniture and I found a great papason chair I liked. I decided I could make it fit in my car so I go to the store and buy it. As I'm struggling to fit this awkward piece of furniture into my car and woman walks up to me and asks me if I live far from there. She offers to put my chair in her truck and follow me back to my apartment! I told her how grateful I am and we go on our way. Once we get to my apartment, I take the chair out and again tell her thank you again and again for doing such a nice thing for me. She proceeds to tell me that the drive over was good for her because it gave her time to think, because just 30 minutes before running into me, she found out she had kidney cancer. WOW! Not only did this woman go out of her way to help a complete stranger but she did it on a day that she had every right not to! I told her I would keep her in my prayers and I am hoping you will too. Her name is Joyce. Do something for someone today! I know I have been humbled...

4 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, that's amazing. Thanks for sharing that story with us. I am glad that you had help that day, but you probably helped her as well. Hope you're doing ok.

Jaime said...

Glad you made it safely and that you updated. Also I am so glad that Joyce has such a caring heart to help. It is so interesting how God allows different paths to cross.

Rebecca said...

I'm glad to hear that there are nice people out there who don't just think of themselves. What a day for her, I hope everything works out for her. Maybe you will get a chance to do something nice for her one day.

April said...

Wow, what an amazing story. I will keep Joyce in my prayers. Thanks for sharing.