CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Oh the Bus...

Not to be a snob, but I try to keep to myself on the bus. I mean, let's be honest, if I were to encounter the wrong person I am small enough to put in your pocket without anyone noticing! Not to scare you mom (don't worry I'm very safe). Well lately it seems no matter what I do people feel the need to converse with me. I study music and for some reason as soon as people find this out, they feel the need to tell me their own music talent. Here are two instances of this happening...

A lady sits next to me yesterday and asks me what I study at the U of A. I tell her music education. She proceeds to tell me that she:
- Was a performance major herself
- Could win any audition
- Had SUCH talent
- Her mother was not psychologically supportive
- Her audition for the Paris Conservatory was not only unattended by her mother but that her mother sabatoged her audition
- People without support are a little "off"...you know, like Oprah (what??)
- Was all alone as a child and was still all alone now
- Had such talent
- Gets mad when she sees other people with psychological support from their famillies.

You get the picture but this went on for about 10 minutes! She repeated these same things over and over and asked me over and over "do you see what I'm saying?" "do you understand what I'm saying to you?" And she didn't let me say anything! It was very clear by the end of her bus journey that she was not all there. Poor thing!

After that conversation, I decided it was vital that I have my earphones on at ALL times! So today I'm sitting at the bus stop (with my ipod on) and a young guy (probably 20 yrs. old) sits down. As we are getting on the bus he asks me if I go to the U (that what they call U of A here). And I say yes and he asks what I study and I say music. We get on the empty bus and he sits next to me! UGH! I'm still listening to my music when he asks...

Guy: What kind of music do you have on there?
April: Pretty much every kind.
Guy: You should get my number because I really like music too
April: oh...no thanks (as polite as possible of course)
Guy: I have my own band and everything...we're going to be famous (insert creepy grin)
April: Oh good for you!
Guy: I bet you would like our music (trying to convince me one more time I need his number)
April: I'm sure I would...

I had my music on the whole time and he never got the hint! I even started texting as well! I think riding the bus is interesting...and a little creepy. But not creepy enough to buy a $500 parking permit. Stay tuned for more funny bus stories, I'm sure I will have plenty over the next three years!

3 comments:

Tamra said...

You totally need to check out Lailah's blog about public transportation etiquette. I think you'd be amused. :)

Amanda said...

I love the creepy grin insert
i laughed out loud

April said...

You sure have had some amazing experiences on the bus.