I had every intention of going to a symphony orchestra concert tonight at school but I fell asleep this afternoon and woke up right before it was supposed to start. I would use this as my excuse for having nothing to do but the truth is this is pretty much a typical weekend for me since moving to Tucson. I just haven't really connected with anyone on more than a "see you at school" level. Don't worry...I'm working on it...kind of.
So the other day I'm sitting in my office and a student knocks on my door. He's not my student and I share my office with three other people. He says he's looking for Keith. I don't know who this is but I also haven't met everyone I supposedly share my office with. So I tell him he can come in and wait if he wants. I confirm the building and office number and he says this is his teacher's office hours (I'm pretty sure this isn't the case because I'm here every week at this time). So he sits there awkward for a couple minutes while I continue to pretend to do work on the computer (I was probably checking my email instead).
Then suddenly he gets up and says, "This is the wrong room, sorry" and leaves. I thought it was funny, poor undergrad kid! He probably felt so silly, especially since I confirmed the location and asked him if he was sure he was in the right place. I got a kick out of it!
3 years ago

1 comment:
I also still feel like i have not really conneected with anyone here. I thought i might be friends with the youth mininster's wife, but the more I spend time with her...the more I realize that we have absolutely nothing in common. I will continue to seek out friends...i have sorority tomorrow night. woohoo. perhaps i will meet my best friend there.
your office story reminded me of something that happened to me last week. i was sitting at my desk one morning before school started, and a young boy came in (he was about the age of a 5th grader, but he was not in my class.) he was also wearing a hoodie so i could not fully see his face. well, he came in, went to my student computer, turned it on, turned around, and walked out. ?
miss you.
Post a Comment