So as you know from a previous post, a high school boy injured my toe big time! Completely unrelated to that, I have a class of 19 4th and 5th grade boys...that's right me against 19 boys! Well, as you can imagine, they get a little loud and I'm often forced to turn into "evil Miss Stephens" in order to keep them in line. It's been a really great, productive week for me so I've been in a pretty good mood. Well, yesterday at the beginning of class one of my boys asks if my toe is feeling better. I said that it was and one of my students raises his hand and says, "Miss Stephens, we have a hypothesis" and I said, "what is it?" And he said, "We hypothesize that when your toe hurts, you are in a bad mood."
Ha! It's so funny that they connect these two things together when, in all reality, they have nothing to do with each other. My bad mood comes completely from teaching 19 boys suffering from Spring fever, attempting to play the recorder in my shoe box of a classroom!
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment