3 years ago
Tuesday, May 03, 2005
I'm Not Too Old to Be Single...At Least I Thought I Wasn't!
So I'm sitting in study hall explaining I can't set the alarm for their fifteen minutes of reading because I left my cell phone at home and one girl is like "you mean you couldn't call your boyfriend today?" And for about the thousandth time I was like "I don't have a boyfriend" (just so you know, there's nothing quite like arguing or pleading your case with a 1st grader). Then the second graders got involved and said "Miss Stephens you really need to find someone to go on a date with!" I was like "thanks a lot girls!" Then one says quite desperately, "you need to get married, have kids...be a grandma!" I was like "whoa, I'm not old enough to be a grandma" and they ask "how old are you?" I say "24 next month," they say, "MISS STEPHENS YOU REALLY NEED TO GET MARRIED!" While my sweet 1st grade boy yells over everyone, "Be quiet! Be nice to Miss Stephens!!" This is the same boy who said I had nice teeth (see previous post). It's so nice to have someone on my side!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment