CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 21, 2005

I've Finally Reached A Child Through Music...

First of all, you have to know that teaching is most rewarding when you see a student finally get something or get excited about something they are learning. This feeling was no different in pre-k music today...
I teach the 2 year old class and they are good for so much entertainment. I have the sweetest little boy, Jonny, who seriously looks like a Gerber baby. And he always wears these baseball caps that are bigger than his head...it's precious cute! Well everytime he comes to music, he just stands there and looks at everyone like we're crazy. I'm absolutely convinced that he thinks I'm the weirdest lady ever because I'm always dancing when he sees me. Anyways, I digress. Today, I decide to play a song we've never done before...and wouldn't you know it, little Jonny connected with this song. It's like a veil was lifted and he found music, he found movement, his face lit up and he moved and danced...that's right, I finally reached little Jonny, and all it took was "The Chicken Dance!" That song has so many more levels than I could ever have thought!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And such a simple song! Doesn't that make it all worth while?
Mom