CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Finally...A Time For Renewal

After a couple weeks of pure torture: meetings, after school care, badly behaved kids, two bloody noses (not mine of course which makes it even more disgusting!), almost being hit in the head with a flying binder (don't ask), accused of not knowing how to run my own band, made to feel bad for overlooking a minor detail in planning chapel by someone who is not at all in charge, accused of not knowing what time to take my students to gym (don't ask), more meetings, having a major candid discussion with my principal about the overwhelming amount of tasks I have to accomplish on a daily basis, and attempting to start writing my own music curriculum for all grades, the time has finally come for me to get out of here for an amazing weekend of Spiritual renewal. I am attending the Zoe Conference in Nashville, TN with two of my dearest friends Karessa and Adam. This is going to be a time to refocus my mind and heart on the Lord, which is where it should be. I've questioned a lot of my past decisions these last two weeks thinking maybe this just isn't the life I want. But I take comfort in knowing God has a plan. Amanda sent me a note over a year ago when I was looking for a job and it had this scripture in it:

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:11-13

Well that just about says it all. The Lord always knows just what to say if you are willing to listen.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

hope this weekend is great and just what you need!
call me when you get back.
oh, i didn't hear about that flying binder..you'll have to fill me in : )

Anonymous said...

My comment is three-fold:

1) You're beautiful!

2) You're talented!

and, 3) God is using you for BIG things...trust that.

Hope you had a great, renewing time in Nashville! Your pal in Loughborough, England is thinking of you, and praying your days are a bit brighter next week...

Love ya, April!
Riz

April said...

Sorry you have had it rough lately. I have been thinking about you and missing you a ton! I love you!