CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Tragedy Close to Home...

So I'm sure most of you have heard about the shooting in Tucson yesterday. It was shocking to hear about and know that it happened so close to home. Today I realized it was closer than I thought. Two of the victims, Dorwan and Mavy Stoddard were members of a local Church of Christ. Dorwan was shot while trying to protect his wife. Mavy was shot but is okay. Dorwan passed away at the scene. You can read more about them here. Today at church everything was put aside and time was spent in prayer for all the victim's and their families. It was a very meaningful time of worship. A reminder that God is near always, especially during times of crisis. After church I found out that one of my fellow music education friends was very close to another victim that was killed. My heart hurts for so many people right now. Please pray for the victims and their families. Six have left this world while approximately 12 others are injured or in critical condition. It is my personal prayer that all will be comforted and know that the Lord is good and very present.

If you feel so inclined, send a note of encouragement to Mountain Avenue Church of Christ to let them know their brothers and sisters in Christ are praying for them during this difficult time.

Have a blessed day.

No comments: