CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 10, 2011

What I'm Listening to This Week...

Something you may not know about me is that I'm OBSESSED with listening to music on records. To me there is nothing better than listening to a good hit on a record, the way it was originally recorded and played. I love it all! I have a pretty nice record collection having been given my mom's and my grandparents record collections to start me off on my own collection. Well about 2 years ago my record player died and I just got a new one for Christmas! It came in the mail today. Instead of working on that pesky dissertation proposal, I am spending my evening rediscovering my records. One of my favorites is Ray Charles' "Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music." If you haven't heard these songs, you are definitely missing out! I highly recommend it! Take a listen!

1 comment:

April said...

That's awesome! I was sad to find out our little kiddie record player and records disappeared and no one knows what happened to them. I suspected my sister took them but it's possible my mom just got rid of them. I'm so sad!