I could choose from hundreds of songs for today's challenge. I've decided to go with "Music Box Dancer" by Frank Mills. It reminds me of my grandma. I think it was probably on a tape we listened to in the car, though I don't have a specific memory. But every time I hear this song, I pause and think about her. I feel like I was always surrounded by music in her presence. Whether it was driving in the car or listening to music on her record player and dancing around the living room. As a child I always wanted to learn to play this song on the piano. I think Grandma Amerine was probably a pretty big influence in my decision to study music. I haven't learned to play "Music Box Dancer" yet...but I will.
3 years ago

1 comment:
That one brought tears to my eyes. I played the piano as a child and this was one of my FAVORITES! You just made me remember my Daddy who passed away nearly 11 years ago (he loved that song, too - well, he loved ANYTHING I would play!)
Love ya,
Jane
Post a Comment