CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 6: A Song That Reminds You of Somewhere

In college I had the opportunity to spend two summers in East Germany. I had some of the most wonderful adventures on these trips. I saw much of Europe, met some of the most amazing people, and while hoping to change peoples' lives, mine was changed. On an outing with a church group, we went to Eisenach, birthplace to Bach and home to where Martin Luther translated the Bible into German. After walking up what seemed like thousands of stairs, we stood in the great hall. Above the doors was "Ein Feste Burg", meaning "A Mighty Fortress." We stepped into the hall and sang this beautiful hymn.



There was something so special about singing that hymn in such a historical place. Every time I hear this hymn, I'm taken back to that hall where Martin Luther once stood.

No comments: