CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 7: A Song That Reminds You of a Certain Event

This was one of my favorite songs during my senior year of high school (yes, it's been almost 12 years since high school, yikes!). I went to prom with my very best friend, Tim. Tim and I go way back to 5th grade and he's still very dear to my heart. I waited all night for this song to come on because I couldn't wait to dance to it with my best friend (whom I'm sure I had developed quite the crush after being inseparable for so many years). The song finally came on and Tim turns to me and says, "We've been dancing together all night, let's dance with other people." WHAT? I was heartbroken! Of course I got over it by the end of the song, you know how dramatic life can be in high school. But every time I hear this song I'm transported to that ballroom twelve years ago, wearing a beautiful lavender dress, and wishing I was dancing with Tim. You'd think it would be a bad memory but it's not...it's quite a sweet one actually. Enjoy "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer.

No comments: