So I've introduced you to Lenny, the lizard in my classroom, and I've introduced you to Karessa my soon to be human roommate. Now I would like to introduce you to "Chutter" the squirel (at least I think it's a squirel) Side note: My second graders named him Chutter...I just don't ask questions anymore.
Anyways...so I have this animal of some kind living in my fireplace. I first encounted Chutter about a week ago when I heard a noise in my fireplace. After talking with my pal Adam, Karessa, and my Mom, I was convinced that it was not a person trying to come down my fireplace and that it was, most likely, a squirrel. Well Chutter appeared to have gone his own separate way until last night.
Chutter seems to have come back and made it completely down my fireplace to the damper (don't worry it was closed). So he's just scratching on this metal damper, trying to get in I guess, and I'm totally weirded out that he somehow will figure out how to open the damper and come make himself at home in my apartment! Well, Thomas (my sweet protective kitty) has been in big time hunt mode for several days now. I even caught him trying to get in the fireplace! He just sits and waits for Chutter to make it into the apartment so he can get him.
Well, I called my apartment maintenance people and they came to my apartment today to try to catch Chutter...well of course he was MIA. They found nothing! So I guess Chutter will come and go as he pleases and I will just have to trust the damper will not magically open because I just don't know how I would react to a squirrel in my apartment!
3 years ago

3 comments:
Oh my! I would freak. Squirrels are just so...well, squirrely. Sorry. One time in my apartment in Austin, I woke up in the middle of the night with a HUGE roach walking on my face. That wasa rude awakening to say the least. Good luck with Chutter.
yeah you would freak if a squirrel got into your apt....one time my cat brought a LIVE pack rat into my house...to play with it inside. apparently, south texas weather is too hot to torture pack rats outside.
April,
I would definitely freak out if I had a squirrel in my apartment! But look on the bright side... will you ever really need to use the fireplace in San Antonio? I don't know... just a thought. Maybe it gets colder there than I thought.
Post a Comment