Been to a teacher inservice. I'm not lying! It's amazing how many useless things you learn at a teacher inservice. I just spent a week going to various meetings, one of which I think may have applied directly to me.
I kid you not, at one point there was a ten minute discussion among ten teachers about where and when students will purchase their extra slice of pizza on Fridays...what??? I KNOW!
What is it about teachers that make us ask so many questions? Is it because we are used to being in a class with kids so we've absorbed the talent for asking meaningless questions? Or do we just feel the need to constantly talk because we are used to having the floor all to ourselves when in class? This makes sense because teachers cannot stop talking during meetings. They are worse than their own students. They show up late to the meeting, first of all, then they talk and whisper throughout the entire meeting. Now this might not be so bad except because of their constant chatter, the same meaningless questions get asked not just once or twice but an average of three times within about a 20 minute period. Teachers are some of the most amazing creatures I have ever met!! And I'm proud to be one...hopefully not one that asks goofy questions (although I know I do...no teacher is immune!)
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment