I'm not going to lie...today was a terrible day. I didn't sleep well and woke up only to find the night was not near long enough. As I stood in the shower trying to wake up it occurred to me that tonight is open house night. I had already made dinner plans and would now be forced to not only cancel said plans but also deal with the realization that my 9 1/2 hour day would now be a 12 1/2 hour day. I got ready and headed to school. Half way to school I realized I had not taken my morning medication (vital to keeping migraines at a distance), so I had to turn around and go back home making me, of course, late to school. I had some major problems in my band class with kids who feel the rules do not apply to them. If this gives you any idea of how my day was let me tell you that my school functions on the credit/debit system and I gave out five debits today. I think last school year, I gave out five debits the whole year!
As I walked from my classroom to the open house meeting area, I passed the playground where all the kids were being babysat so their parents could speak with teachers and they all started yelling my name. This happens every time I walk by the playground. It was at that very moment that I remembered why I do what I do. Now open house has concluded and I sit in my empty classroom just contemplating life as I know it. I love these kids and they love me just as much back. The child who is repremanded and sent to the principal still wants to please you the next day. Kids are amazing and I am honored to teach your children. Thank you for giving me my own personal fan club.
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment