Wow! I cannot even begin to fathom that my summer is over and it is now time to go back to school. It's hard to go back to school. Because I never dreamed of being a teacher, I always assumed that the phrase "back to school" would never apply to me once I finished college. So here I sit in my classroom, already overwhelmed by the thought of a new school year and all that goes with it, staff meeting, study hall, music programs, staff meetings, more music programs, chapel, beginning band (that's right), more programs, oh yeah...and teaching.
I look forward to this new school year for several reasons. 1) I have a classroom, newly painted by myself, that is twice the size of of my old classroom. 2) My budget has increased very significantly and I have already made several big purchases to enhance my lessons. 3) I will be putting on music programs completely independent of PTFA meetings (this is a big deal even though you may not know what that all entailed). Of course, there are more reasons but these are the big ones.
Now that I am no longer a rookie, I look forward to actually having some clue about what is happening before it actually happens. I'm sure I will still do a fair amount of flying by the seat of my pants, because let's face it, that's what I do, but this year I'll be prepared for anything! Have a wundebar year everyone and GOOD LUCK teachers!!
3 years ago

1 comment:
This is the first comment I have ever left on one of these things. How am I doing? Maybe you could leave a comment on mine! ;) YOU ROCK!
Post a Comment